About the Role
Timeline Television is seeking a Technical Stores Operative to work in its busy Stores function, supplying, testing, and maintaining equipment for a range of outside broadcasts and projects to internal and external clients.
This is a fantastic position for anyone wanting to embark on a career in outside Broadcasting, with multiple opportunities to learn and be taught by an experienced engineering team. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a methodical, team-orientated approach to project delivery whilst working in a safe and timely manner, along with enthusiasm and a thirst for learning the equipment.
We are looking for an individual with suitable skills to work in this hectic and physical role.
- Maintain the warehouse to a high standard, ensuring all working areas are tidy and free from hazards and rubbish
- Work collaboratively with OB (Outside Broadcast) Project Managers/Unit Managers to ensure OB trucks are accurately and promptly loaded, cleaned and prepped
- After project completion, ensure that OB trucks are unloaded, cleaned and prepared for next assignment
- Inspect all hired equipment before and after jobs, to ensure all kit is complete and in working order
- Use initiative to ensure that equipment is suitably boxed during transportation and for storage purposes
- Respond promptly to unforeseen requirements from all parts of Timeline’s business.
- Maintenance and testing of equipment used on OB trucks, flyaways and other Timeline installations
- Involvement with system build and refurbishment projects
- Developing skills and knowledge within the broadcast industry
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Basic technical knowledge of TV broadcast equipment would be desirable but will be taught extensively
- Physically fit, and able to lift and handle heavy items and cable throughout the shift
- Attention to detail and good memory recall
- Basic computer skills
- A logical approach to problem solving
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- A team worker, with good verbal and written and communication skills
- Willing to adapt to the unique nature of the broadcasting business
- UK driving licence is essential and must be willing to drive a 3.5t van to move equipment
- LGV licence would be an advantage but not essential
Must be prepared to work shifts, weekends, and bank holidays. Role is based on a 7/14 shift pattern.
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance.
We organise regular social events across different locations, giving an opportunity to get to know employees from all over the company.