About the Role
In this role you will oversee the use of technical resources to deliver HD and 4K production from four broadcast studios and ten production galleries. You will work closely with BT Sport and a range of other production partners.
In this role you will be responsible for the planning, coordination and technical delivery of studio production and ‘remote’ production for BT Sport.
- You will use your comprehensive understanding of broadcast technology to provide technical solutions to meet the needs of each project
- Work closely with the managed service support team to book equipment and resources, address any logistical issues, and advise on the best deployment of freelance staff to deliver successful outcomes
- Responsible for the ‘safe’ operational delivery of productions in a studio environment including ‘on the day’ supervision of technical staff and craft specialists.
- Rotational ‘Duty Management’ responsibility to address day-to-day issues and respond to operational questions from staff and clients
- Always deliver to the highest standards with due consideration for the budget available; promote innovation and cost-effective technical solutions where they exist
- Oversee the rig and operation of cameras, vision systems, AR/VR, projection, lighting, sound, comms, and a range of other technical equipment as required
- Support the internal Timeline teams by providing effective communication between them and our external clients
- Ensure that technical issues are passed on to the relevant engineering teams in a timely manner
- Liaise with all stakeholders (clients, staff, suppliers) to make sure that they are aware of, and comply with, the Health & Safety policies at BT Sport
- Commercial accountabilities include managing budgets, provide clients with accurate cost estimates and tracking financial spend for all services used
- Support the continued development of internal business systems and processes, including the booking and charging of resources through Xytech Media Pulse
- Promote BT Studios as a production destination for external production companies and broadcasters
- Build and maintain effective working relationships across the Timeline TV business
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A proven track record of successful technical delivery in a similar studio or outside broadcast position
- Exceptional knowledge of broadcast systems, equipment and technology including cameras, sound, vision, AR/VR, lighting, graphics, studio production, remote production, post-production, file-based media workflows and MCR
- An excellent communicator who can influence at all levels, and who can deliver key information in a timely and accurate manner to a range of stakeholders
- Proven client focused approach – able to react tactfully and sympathetically to requests from production staff and clients, and to remain calm under pressure
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, able to prioritize a workload and to meet deadlines both individually, and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, policy and standards including the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (HASAWA), Risk Assessments, COSSH, Working at Height, Electricity at Work, Noise, Young People, Manual Handling of Work Equipment
- Able to manage conflict and to supervise a multifunctional team of contractors and third party providers in a television production environment
- Experience of working with Xytech, Provys, ScheduALL or similar scheduling system
- Experience of producing commercial quotes and of managing budgets effectively
- Excellent organizational skills, able to complete tasks quickly and efficiently
- A technical project manager with excellent problem solving skills
- Strong leadership, negotiation, and management skills
An interest in Sport will certainly be a benefit.
If you would like to be considered for this role please send us a copy of your CV, and a cover letter stating your availability and your rate expectations.
This position is a shift-based role that requires regular weekend work.