About the Role
We are looking for a Technical Edit Assistant to support the BT Sport Post-Production facility in Stratford, London. Some of the duties will include:
• Edit and Voice Over suite support
• Processing file transcodes using various applications
• Upkeep of edit, media and storage systems
As part of a small team you will be required to ingest media from a variety of sources and set up and support the non-linear edit suites at BT Sport. Alongside in-depth Avid and Adobe experience, you should have a good knowledge of broadcast workflows, file formats and ingest applications.
The Assistant will be required to work at high levels of technical complexity, under programme and operational pressures.
- Help guide editors, operators and production staff through complex operational scenarios and workflows.
- Ingest media from a variety of sources (camera card, hard drive, file delivery) and ensure outgest requests are carried out to a high standard.
- Monitor and optimize the performance of the non-linear edit suites (Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere and Avid Pro Tools), databases (Avid Interplay), and storage systems (Avid ISIS).
- Provide front line support and address technical faults in a timely and professional manner, communicating and escalating issues as required, and ensuring alternative ways of meeting requirements are identified and implemented promptly.
- Develop an effective working relationship with other support teams at BT Sport including Broadcast Engineering, IT Support, Media Systems Engineering, Bookings, and the Media Management teams.
- Develop and build excellent working relationships with production teams, technical operators, and any other clients working at BT Sport.
- Prioritize the daily workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Creating, testing, evaluating and documenting new workflows.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Edit Assistant experience in a fast-paced broadcast environment and a passion for edit platforms and/or broadcast technology.
- Clear understanding of the fundamentals of file-based editing workflows.
- A strong knowledge of file-based formats and codecs.
- Knowledge and experience with the use and support of Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere.
- Experience of dealing with an Avid Interplay database, ISIS Storage and Transfer Engine servers.
- Previous experience of industry transcoding tools, such as: Content Agent, Amberfin, Adobe Media Encoder.
- A knowledge of IP Director and its application within a Post-Production environment.
- Excellent media management skills. Ability to adhere to naming conventions and demonstrate a good eye for detail when dealing with client media.
- Customer awareness and good interpersonal skills; able to react tactfully and sympathetically to requests from operators and production staff.
- The ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Effective communication skills.
- Demonstrate clear logical thinking in fault-finding and problems solving. Able to distinguish between important and irrelevant information.
- Demonstrates flexibility and responds very well to new challenges, is open to change(s), shows openness to alternative ways of doing things.
12 hour days usually working to a 7/14 day shift pattern including night shifts
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance.
We organise regular social events across different locations, giving an opportunity to get to know employees from all over the company.
The closing date for applications is 30/03/2020