About the Role
We are looking for an Edit Assistant to support the BT Sport Post-Production facility in Stratford, London. Some of the duties will include:
• Edit and Voice Over suite support
• Processing file transcodes using various applications
• Upkeep of edit, media and storage systems
- Clear understanding of the fundamentals of file-based editing workflows
- Help guide editors, operators and production staff through complex operational scenarios and workflows
- Capable of ingesting media from a variety of sources (camera card, hard drive, file delivery) and ensure outgest requests are carried out to a high standard
- Monitor and optimise the performance of the non-linear edit suites (Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere and Avid Pro Tools), databases (Avid Interplay), and storage systems (Avid ISIS)
- Provide front line support and address technical faults in a timely and professional manner, communicating and escalating issues as required, and ensuring alternative ways of meeting requirements are identified and implemented promptly
- Develop an effective working relationship with other support teams at BT Sport including Broadcast Engineering, IT Support, Media Systems Engineering, Bookings, and the Media Management teams
- Develop and build excellent working relationships with production teams, technical operators, and any other clients working at BT Sport
- Prioritise the daily workload to ensure deadlines are met
- Creating, testing, evaluating and documenting new workflows
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Edit Assistant experience in a fast-paced broadcast environment and a passion for edit platforms and/or broadcast technology
- A strong knowledge of file-based formats and codecs
- Knowledge and experience with the use and support of Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere
- Experience of dealing with an Avid Interplay database, ISIS Storage and Transfer Engine servers
- Previous experience of industry transcoding tools, such as: Content Agent, Amberfin, Adobe Media Encoder
- A knowledge of IP Director and its application within a Post-Production environment
- Excellent media management skills. Ability to adhere to naming conventions and demonstrate a good eye for detail when dealing with client media
- Customer awareness and good interpersonal skills; able to react tactfully and sympathetically to requests from operators and production staff
- The ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Effective communication skills
- Demonstrate clear logical thinking in fault-finding and problem solving. Able to distinguish between important and irrelevant information
- Demonstrates flexibility and responds very well to new challenges, is open to change(s), shows openness to alternative ways of doing things
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the Timeline Team – whether that is working in our engineering or technology roles or being part of our non-technical teams. We believe the more diverse our organisation is the more we are reflecting society and ensuring we are selecting from the broadest talent pool.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.
Shift Pattern: 12 hour days usually working to a 7/14 day shift pattern including night shifts
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance.
We organise regular social events across different locations, giving an opportunity to get to know employees from all over the company.