About the Role
You will be delivering an exceptional service to our clients and providing technical advice and guidance to Engineering and Unit Managers.
- Guarantee small and large Outside Broadcasts on Timeline’s fleet of scanners and flyaways
- Guarantee our remote and studio galleries at our Ealing Broadcast Centre
- Deliver exceptional front facing service to Timeline’s clients
- Provide support, technical advice and guidance to Engineering and Unit Managers
- Assist in prepping, loading and planning of jobs as well as manage the on-site crew of staff and freelancers
- Deliver basic setup, support and sound mixing within our Ealing Studio’s operation
- Supervise the rig of audio equipment on site
- Ensure all customer requirements are tested and back-up systems are in place
- The job will involve a great deal of travelling, driving and frequent nights away from home, in the UK or abroad
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in TV Outside Broadcast operations
- The ability to understand the client’s requirements and programme the network appropriately
- The ability to work to a very high standard in unfamiliar surroundings, hired vehicles and flyaway scenarios
- An in-depth knowledge of sound desks, router control systems and system ‘glue’ used across our growing fleet
- A detailed knowledge of signal formats, coding and transport methods; Intercom and talkback equipment
- A working knowledge of computer IP and other data networks in the television environment
- A good general understanding of all broadcast engineering areas including power supply systems, cameras, intercom, file-based media systems and Radio Frequency (RF) technologies
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Flexible approach to problem solving and openness to new challenges and alternative solutions
- A positive manner and ability to respond tactfully and sympathetically to staff and client requests
- A team player and ability to remain calm under pressure
- A good knowledge of the principles of health and safety at work
This position is a shift-based role that requires regular weekend work.
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym Membership
- Travel insurance.
We organise regular social events across different locations, giving an opportunity to get to know employees from all over the company.