About the Role
The role of Post-Production Workflow Specialist is a key position for Timeline Television with responsibility for providing proactive, documented Production workflows for all teams within the BT Sport facility. Reporting to the Media Systems Engineering and IT Manager, you will manage the day to day running of the Edit Support team, whilst being the primary point of contact for BT Sport production teams in facilitating their Post-Production needs.
- Working closely with the Technical Managers, Production Managers and Technical staff to ensure that the Post workflows are efficient, appropriate, and cost effective
- Educate various internal and external teams on Timeline at BT Sport technical specifications and production best practices
- Explore, analyse, and document all production practices, challenges and opportunities
- Working as a team with the Media Systems Engineering and IT Manager, and MSE Leads, to design, oversee, monitor, and scale the end to end operational and technical pipeline to successfully and efficiently deliver each Project. Exchanging ideas and developing new ways of delivering high-quality, cost-effective workflows.
- Productively manage and develop the teams including recruitment, selection, managing performance, conducting appraisals of leads, objective setting, training and dismissals if appropriate
- Monitoring project progress on key elements, performing technical activities, resolving problems and enlisting necessary resource to help
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations
- Assist and guide support staff where needed to contribute to overall team success
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Proficient and experienced in the implementation, management and configuration of the following disciplines:
- Avid Media Composer, Interplay and ISIS
- Adobe Premier, After Affects
- Understanding of EVS and Ingest Server technology
- Understanding of Creative Workflows and technology
- An ability to document and communicate end to end production workflows
- Have line management experience
- Be approachable and friendly
- Be able to organise and prioritise workload (own and teams)
- Be able to work within a team, facilitating team interaction
- Be willing to work outside of core-hours when the need arises
- Adaptable and dynamic in a live TV environment
- Have excellent telephone and email communication manner
This is an office hours-based role. Normally this will be Monday to Friday, 09.00 to 17.30 but the successful candidate will occasionally need to be flexible to suit the needs of Timeline and its clients.
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance.
We organise regular social events across different locations, giving an opportunity to get to know employees from all over the company.