About the Role
This is an opportunity to work in BT Sport’s award-winning broadcast facility which includes four HD broadcast studios, 1 UHD and 9 HD galleries, a large post-production village, multi-channel MCR and playout operation.
Located in vibrant HereEast, with canal-side restaurants and bars on its doorstep and a subsidised restaurant for staff. You will get the chance to work on a variety of sports and entertainment programmes for BT Sport’s core programmes such as the UEFA Champions League and Rugby Tonight as well many external productions such as the BBC NFL Show and ITV Sport’s studio shows.
Reporting to the IT Systems Lead, you will be expected to support the requirements and challenges of complex interrelated systems in a 24/7 broadcast facility. You will be the main point of contact for end-users, manning the IT Helpdesk, resolving Tier 1 issues (password resets, simple user direction and training), escalating Helpdesk Tickets and calls to the wider IT team. In conjunction with your IT colleagues, you will be expected to help enforce IT security and management policies across our systems, with minimal impact on the specialist needs of each department. This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate, or newly experienced IT junior to join, grow and flourish within an excellent team.
- Answer helpdesk tickets and phone calls in a swift and efficient manner, dealing with simple Tier 1 issues and escalating more complex issues to the wider team.
- Monitor, diagnose and resolve problems with key IT systems to ensure systems work efficiently.
- Undertake work as necessary to ensure that the requirements of Statutory and BT safety regulations are complied with and that appropriate records are kept in the areas for which they are responsible.
- Escalate crisis situations effectively and work under pressure to resolve problems.
- Produce and update relevant system technical documentation.
- Provide technical support to users and systems to aid live production, and all associated workflows
- Work closely with the other technical departments to resolve issues and enhance performance to key systems.
- Liaise with 3rd party support providers to ensure technical issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- As required, and pre-agreed with clients, travel to other Timeline sites to provide network expertise, installation and support.
- Adhering to and driving the use of best practice IT security standards.
- Ensure that all issues and subsequent technical repair work is managed through the fault ticketing system.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Exposure and experience of the following systems is preferred but not essential for this role, as training will be given – you should have a good awareness of most of the systems below however:
- Microsoft Server and Desktop OS, Linux Server OS
- AD, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP
- VMWare Host and Guest VM support
- OS patching and management (WSUS, any experience with Desktop Central preferred)
- Dell/HP/QNAP Storage systems
- Fibre Channel SAN architecture
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Backup, restore and management of VMWare, using Altaro or equivalent software
- Adaptable and dynamic in a quickly changing live TV environment
- A positive, enthusiastic manner with an ability to react tactfully and sympathetically to requests from operational and production staff is essential.
- Strong customer awareness.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Good communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to know when to escalate.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday office hours
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance.
We organise regular social events across different locations, giving an opportunity to get to know employees from all over the company.