About the Role
The engineer is expected to be a customer-friendly representative supporting the core broadcast systems at Ealing Broadcast Centre. You will bring your strong knowledge of video routers, control systems, video codecs, IT and network infrastructure to be support both our managed service clients and ad hoc production work.
- Provide customer facing technical support and guidance, at times being the most senior member of Timeline technical staff on site
- Ensure that any technical faults encountered are either resolved or suitable workarounds put in place to minimise disruption to operations
- Install and reconfigure equipment as and when required dependent on operational requirements
- Assist the project team in the design and development of new systems and facilities at the Ealing Broadcast Centre
- Ensure that the customer experience at the EBC is unrivalled during the planning process and on the day of the production
- As an ambassador, you will champion Timeline as a first-class destination for production companies and broadcasters
- Maintain effective working relationships across the Timeline TV business, liaising both with teams at Ealing and in other business departments
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Broadcast engineering experience in either a Studio facility or Outside Broadcast environment
- Extensive problem solving and fault-finding skills on a range of equipment both while in active service and at the bench
- Knowledge of broadcast wiring standards and installation
- Knowledge of broadcast control systems in particular the EVS Cerebrum Control system
- Knowledge and understanding of a wide variety of glue and router systems including: both traditional SDI routers, Hybrid/De-embedding matrixes, and IP systems
- Knowledge and experience of IT and Networking in relation to the broadcast environment
- Ability to deliver key information in a timely and accurate manner to a range of stakeholders, and at all levels. Able to remain calm under pressure and to react tactfully to unusual requests from clients
You will be working a 7/14 shift pattern, working 7 12 hour shifts every fortnight.
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym Membership
- Travel insurance.
We organise regular social events across different locations, giving an opportunity to get to know employees from all over the company.