About the Role
We are looking for a Broadcast Engineer to join Timeline’s broadcast engineering team supporting the technical facilities of the BT Sport facility which includes four broadcast studios, ten galleries (UHD and HD), a large post-production village, multi-channel MCR and play-out operation.
You will get the chance to work on a variety of sports and entertainment programmes for BT Sport’s core programmes such as the UEFA Champions League and Rugby Tonight as well as many external productions such as BBC’s NFL Show, ITV Sport’s studio shows and entertainment shows.
Ensure that the operational needs of BT Sport, production partners and 3rd party shows are met effectively and that the technical requirements of the programmes are achieved by means of innovation and development.
- Respond to all stakeholders in a positive, friendly, and proactive manner
- Rig, operate, monitor, and maintain equipment including cameras and vision, augmented reality, studio monitoring, vision switchers, routers, and modular products in the studios, MCR, CAR and associated technical areas
- Work on technical installation projects, configure and route sound and vision feeds using BNCS control system
- Operate and interrogate a broad range of systems and retrieve logs for analysis.
- Ensure that technical faults are identified and logged, then resolved. Implement alternative technical solutions as required
- Engage with suppliers for service agreements, repairs, and to order spares
- Comply with the safety regulations, ensure the electronic equipment is aligned to the defined standards and keep appropriate records
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Broadcast engineering training and qualifications
- Experience in a customer facing role with excellent service and communication skills
- Good understanding of end-to-end production processes and the ‘live’ transmission chain in a broadcast environment
- Excellent trouble shooting and diagnostics skills
- Experience of vision, sound, routing, and communication systems for TV studio environments
- Ability to make critical assessment of television pictures and waveforms
- Good knowledge of computer systems, IT and TCP/IP networking infrastructure.
- Good documentation writing skills
This is a shift-based role which requires weekend work and occasional night shifts
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance.
We organise regular social events across different locations, giving an opportunity to get to know employees from all over the company.