About the Role
We are looking for a Bookings Coordinator to allocate staff, equipment, and technical resources at the BT Sport broadcast facility in Stratford, East London. This role combines communication, organisation, and financial administration
This is a 12-month fixed-term contract.
- As part of a small resource management team you will organise, coordinate and schedule technical staff, equipment and other resources at BT Sport and BT Studios.
- You will maintain accurate records of staff shift patterns and ensure that all shifts are covered in good time (arranging cover for leave, sickness, and other absence).
- You will engage freelance staff, maintain accurate record of employment, and distribute supporting information to them, including production schedules and call sheets.
- You will be using a resource management system (Xytech Media Pulse) to support our financial processes (raising purchase orders, creating work orders, tracking production costs, invoicing).
- You will assist the Technical Managers in a range of administrative tasks, including the hire/purchase of consumables and equipment.
- You will be a key point of contact for staff, suppliers and studio clients including BT Sport and range of visiting production companies.
- You will complete tasks accurately & efficiently in a fast-passed broadcast environment.
- You will escalate issues to the senior management team in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- You will have gained some previous experience in a similar coordinating role.
- You should be detail-focused and comfortable with all aspects of financial administration (knowledge of Microsoft Excel would be an advantage).
- Able to prioritise a workload and meet deadlines individually, and as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and self-aware, with good emotional intelligence and the ability to listen and learn from colleagues.
- Able to react tactfully and sympathetically to requests from staff and clients, and to remain calm under pressure.
- Good communication skills, happy to pick up the phone for difficult conversations.
- Knowledge of the broadcasting industry (studio production, post-production, equipment hire) would be an advantage.
- Experience of scheduling staff and equipment would be an advantage.
- An interest in sport and/or sports broadcasting would be an advantage.
- Experience of Xytech Media Pulse or a similar resource scheduling system (ScheduALL, Farmers Wife etc.) will be highly regarded.
Please note that some occasional weekend and evening work is required
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance.
We organise regular social events across different locations, giving an opportunity to get to know employees from all over the company.
The closing date for applications is 01/10/2020