About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Unit Manager to plan and oversee the delivery of Outside Broadcast projects. The Unit Manager will be dealing with clients, external suppliers, crew and venues. The job involves technical design of the Outside Broadcast service and ensuring that the client requirements are met, the project is delivered efficiently to the highest standards and within budget.
- Planning Outside Broadcast projects including specifying crew, equipment and contractors.
- Supporting Timeline’s Outside Broadcast service offering and generating further growth in our expanding operations.
- Working primarily on location and also spending time in our Greenford base planning and supporting activities.
- Working with our team at BT Sport, Stratford on studio projects.
- The Outside Broadcast projects will include working with our Outside Broadcast trucks, flyaway production facilities and RF systems.
- The job will involve a great deal of travelling, driving and frequent nights away from home, in the UK or abroad.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Significant experience in an operational role in live TV Outside Broadcast.
- Experience in planning and delivering Outside Broadcast projects.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Commercial acumen and experience in costing, pricing and budgeting.
- A high level of technical knowledge of broadcast technology.
- Ability to lead teams on live events in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible approach to problem solving.
- A positive, can do attitude and ability to stay calm under pressure.
- A thorough knowledge of the relevant Health & Safety regulations.
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance.
We also organise regular social events across different locations, giving an opportunity to get to know employees all over.
The closing date for applications is 16/06/2019