About the Role
We’re currently looking for Trainee Riggers to join the Timeline Team. You will be required to rig and derig all on-site cable requirements across Timeline’s outside broadcasting division and transport OB trucks between locations.
The role will be spread across 3 London locations: Greenford, Ealing and Stratford as well as on location throughout the UK.
- Driving Timeline vehicles, loaded with equipment and assets essential to broadcasts.
- Potentially assisting technical operators on events.
- Assisting with maintenance of the garage and warehouse areas.
- Assisting / Directing the warehouse staff with prepping and loading of cable on tender
- Supervising the rigging of cables and equipment on OB sites across the UK and Europe in the absence of the Rigging Supervisor, with subsequent derigging after the event.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A Full Clean Drivers Licence Class 2 or 3, including valid Driver CPC is essential
- Ability to work as part of a larger team
- Ability to work in an active environment where loading, lifting and physically intensive work are regularly required.
- Willingness to comply with Timeline policies, working practices and Health and Safety guidelines, and to follow any applicable legislation, and customer working practices.
- Self-motivation and ability to establish effective working relationships with other members of Timeline and the production team.
- Flexible approach to the job and ability to adapt to last-minute changes to the operational requirements of Timeline and those of the customer.
- Willingness to be contacted and available at short notice on off-duty days, due to the unpredictable nature of incoming work.
- Moderate level of computer literacy in order to work with the computer systems in place at Timeline Television.
Education & Professional Experience
- Up to GCSE level or equivalent
- Experience in an operational rigging role in TV Outside Broadcasting is highly desirable but not essential
Please note: This role involves weekend work and unsociable hours.
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance.
We organise regular social events across different locations, giving an opportunity to get to know employees from all over the company.
The closing date for applications is 23/09/2019