About the Role
Timeline Television requires a Senior Technical Storeman to help manage a diverse holding of broadcast equipment in our busy stores providing equipment to projects for external and internal clients.
It is business critical to maintain an orderly and well-organized environment in the warehouse and this role will play an important part in meeting that objective.
We are looking for a person with the right skills to work in this fast paced and important role.
- Keep the warehouse clean and tidy ensuring that everything has a place and is correctly stored. Help to foster a culture of tidiness and order in all users of the building.
- Work closely with OB project managers to ensure OB trucks are correctly and promptly loaded.
- Ensure that OB trucks are unloaded, cleaned and prepared for next assignment.
- Ensure that that hired equipment is efficiently processed, checked and returned, with particular attention to checking that hired items are returned complete and in good order.
- Liaise with operational staff to ensure that equipment is suitably boxed.
- To manage the warehouse spaces including the parking of vehicles inside for loading and maintenance.
- Respond promptly to urgent requirements from all parts of Timeline.
- Must be prepared to work 12 hour shifts, weekends and on occasions, outside normal business hours.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Adaptability: Demonstrates flexibility and responds very well to new challenges, is open to change(s), shows openness to alternative ways of doing things;
- Organisation: Flair for meticulous planning in advance with attention to detail, ability to prioritise with conflicting task deadline(s), ability to remain calm in dynamic environments and remain calm and productive under time period(s) of high workload(s) and enabling smooth project delivery;
- Team-oriented: Ability to develop positive relationships, Works well with others, possesses the ability to create and maintain productive working relationships. Helps to build positive working relationships in the team environment(s) and connects with people from all parts of society;
- Communication: Listens well and is open to regular, honest feedback, articulates oneself well and communicates with passion and clarity, demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills through effective communication. Good conflict resolution skills.
- Collaboration: Identify improvements with systems and processes to improve collaboration, sets an example by sharing necessary knowledge, skills(s) and idea(s) within team to build helpful, productive relationships across the organisation;
- Maximising business effectiveness: Provides the best value by sharing resources, looks for value for money for Timeline TV, considers the business implications. Proactive with carefully identifying suitable technology and managing the implementation and utilisation of new equipment or innovations.
5 GCSE (including Maths & English) or equivalent
Experience of working in a comparable stores operation is desirable.
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance.
We also organise regular social events across different locations, giving an opportunity to get to know employees all over.
The closing date for applications is 30/04/2019