About the Role
Timeline Television is looking for an experienced, proactive, highly focused and organised individual to work with our Outside Broadcast Team as a Rigger.
You will be required to rig and derig all on-site cable requirements across Timeline’s outside broadcasting division and transport OB trucks between locations.
The role will be spread across 3 London locations: Greenford, Ealing and Stratford as well as on location throughout the UK, Europe and Worldwide
- Driving Timeline vehicles, including HGV trucks loaded with equipment and assets essential to broadcasts.
- Potentially assisting technical operators on events.
- Assisting with maintenance of the garage and warehouse areas.
- Assisting / Directing the warehouse staff with prepping and loading of cable on tender vehicles.
- Supervising the rigging of cables and equipment on OB sites across the UK and Europe in the absence of the Rigging Supervisor, with subsequent derigging after the event.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A Full Clean HGV Class 1 Drivers Licence is essential
- Ability to work as part of a larger team
- Ability to work in an active environment where loading, lifting and physically intensive work are regularly required.
- Willingness to comply with Timeline policies, working practices and Health and Safety guidelines, and to follow any applicable legislation, and customer working practices.
- Self-motivation and ability to establish effective working relationships with other members of Timeline and the production team.
- Flexible approach to the job and ability to adapt to last-minute changes to the operational requirements of Timeline and those of the customer.
- Willingness to be contacted and available at short notice on off-duty days, due to the unpredictable nature of incoming work.
- Moderate level of computer literacy in order to work with the computer systems in place at Timeline Television.
- Thorough knowledge of all outside broadcast cables and connectors in use at Timeline and other OB companies.
- In-depth knowledge of trucks, loading restrictions, weight restrictions and any other transportation requirements to ensure a smooth HGV operation.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
- All duties and activities in accordance with current Timeline Health and Safety Guidance.
- Good basic knowledge of Electricity at Work safety regulations.
- Knowledge of road transport legislation, HGV laws and restrictions.
Education & Professional Experience
- Experience in an operational rigging role in TV Outside Broadcasting is highly desirable but not essential
This role involves weekend work and unsociable hours.
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance.
We organise regular social events across different locations, giving an opportunity to get to know employees from all over the company.
The closing date for applications is 29/09/2019