About the Role
You will be working primarily on locations throughout the UK and worldwide to guarantee a variety of Outside Broadcasts as well as spending time in our Greenford base for offsite preparation and maintenance. The role requires a balance between operation, alignment, modification and maintenance of a wide range of broadcast equipment and managing and training junior engineers and graduates.
- Guarantee small and large Outside Broadcasts on Timeline’s fleet of scanners and flyaways.
- Provide exceptional front facing service to Timeline’s clients.
- Devise and support the development of innovative solutions.
- Maintain and operate equipment used on OB trucks, flyaways and other Timeline installations.
- Ensure that technical faults are cleared and identify and implement alternative solutions.
- Accurately line-up vision monitoring facilities.
- Operate camera colour balance and other engineering set up controls.
- Other operational duties such as OB truck opening and closing for travel, dealing with mains power feeds, operation and management of RF systems, sound camera and vision rigging, movement and de-rigging.
- Follow up on faults and liaise with manufacturers to arrange replacements and returns.
- Involvement with build and refurbishment projects.
- The job will involve a great deal of travelling, driving and frequent nights away from home, in the UK or abroad.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Broadcast engineering training and qualifications.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Flexible approach to problem solving and openness to new challenges and alternative solutions.
- Knowledge of UHD and HD baseband vision systems and desire to learn about emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP address systems including multicast.
- Interest in HDR and 2020 colour space.
- Familiarity with vison equipment such as Kahuna vision mixers; Axon Cerebrum control system; Grass Valley Rollcal and Orrbit IP software; Multiviewers; EVS LSM rig and configuration; Sony CCU and cameras.
- Ability to make critical assessment of television pictures and waveforms.
- A positive manner and ability to respond tactfully and sympathetically to staff and client requests.
- A team player and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- A good knowledge of the principles of health and safety at work.
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance.
We organise regular social events across different locations, giving an opportunity to get to know employees from all over the company.