About the Role
We are looking for an Outside Broadcast Engineer, who will work primarily on OB locations and at our Greenford base with occasional work at other Timeline locations as necessary to cover programme and maintenance needs. The OB Engineer is expected to maintain, deploy and operate the wide range of broadcast and network equipment and systems deployed OB Trucks and any other Timeline business environments. The Engineer is required to work at the highest level of technical complexity under programme and/or operational pressures.
- Work on Timeline’s fleet of scanners, flyaways and remote productions by prepping, maintaining and basic operating of edit and VT equipment.
- Deliver exceptional and personalised service to Timeline’s clients.
- Supervise the rigging of editing and replay equipment in base and on site.
- Ensure that technical faults are cleared and identify and implement alternative solutions.
- Ensure all customer requirements are tested and back-up systems are in place
- Assist in prepping, loading and planning of jobs.
- Assist the company in the development and testing of new equipment and technologies.
- Assist the company in the training and development of other staff members.
- Follow up on faults and liaise with manufacturers to arrange replacements and returns.
- Involvement with build and refurbishment projects.
- The job will involve a great deal of travelling, driving and frequent periods away from home, in the UK or abroad
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Broadcast engineering experience.
- Flexible approach to problem solving and openness to new challenges and alternative solutions.
- Knowledge of UHD and HD baseband systems and desire to learn about emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP address systems including operation of network switches.
- Experience with EVS systems.
- Media Management in small to large scale environments.
- Installation and basic operation of Avid and Adobe Premiere edit workstations.
- Understanding of file-based editing workflows and various file transcoding, processing & delivery systems.
- A positive manner and ability to respond tactfully and sympathetically to staff and client requests.
- The ability to work both alone and as part of a team, and a true ability to remain calm under pressure
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance.
We organise regular social events across different locations, giving an opportunity to get to know employees from all over the company.