About the Role
We are looking for a Media Systems Engineer to join our fantastic team of specialist engineers. This is an exciting, multi-faceted role, incorporating aspects of post-production support, broadcast engineering and MCR operation. As such, the role calls for an adaptable and multi-skilled individual.
The Engineer’s primary duties will be to support operations at its Ealing Studios base and Soho facility, to include:
- Supporting a range of specialist systems including the following:
- Windows Servers.
- EVS IP Director Workstations.
- EVS XT Access Servers.
- Avid Interplay Systems.
- Avid ISIS storage.
- Accurate line-up of vision monitoring facilities. Configure and monitor incoming and outgoing lines. Carry out MCR downlinks, records and play-outs.
You will be required to work at high levels of technical complexity, under programme and/or operational pressures.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will have;
- A passion for edit platforms and/or broadcast technology.
- Knowledge and experience of media, editing and general computer systems as they relate to a broadcast/post-production environment.
- Clear understanding of the fundamentals of a file-based editing workflows and various file transcoding, processing & delivery systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work both alone and as part of a team, and a true ability to remain calm under pressure.
- A positive, enthusiastic manner with the capability to react tactfully and sympathetically to requests from operational and production staff.
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility… to work around all sorts of issues!
- Highly effective communication skills.
So, if you are looking to join a great team and want to work for a busy but entertaining and inspiring company, we would very much welcome your application!
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance.
We also organise regular social events across different locations, giving an opportunity to get to know employees all over.
The closing date for applications is 30/06/2019