About the Role
We are looking for a Lead Broadcast Engineer to join our team in the Ealing Broadcast Centre. The facility offers a truly comprehensive range of production services from post-production and finishing to remote production and live productions.
The Lead Broadcast Engineer will:
- Lead the broadcast engineering support to our production galleries and engineering facilities.
- Manage remote production and work with production to deliver a wide range of programmes.
- Lead and line manage a team of Broadcast Support Engineers.
- Work closely with clients, production teams and internal departments to ensure that operational, production and resource needs are effectively and efficiently met.
- Devise ways of achieving the needs of productions by means of technical innovation and development.
- Ensure that technical faults are resolved, or alternative ways of meeting production or other requirements are identified and implemented with the minimum loss of time.
- Ensure that electronic equipment in the area is safe, maintained and aligned to defined standards and is modified and updated as required.
- Ensure sufficient ‘spares’ are available on site to meet support requirements.
- Liaise with vendors and support partners to ensure projects and operational needs are met.
- Undertake work as necessary to ensure that Statutory Safety Regulations are complied with, and that appropriate records are kept in all areas of responsibility.
- Ensure that technical documentation is updated and shared as needed.
- Proactive role in reviewing and improving workflows, processes and communication within the teams.
- Ensure that all Timeline policies, regulations and procedures are being complied with.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Significant experience of vision, sound, routing, communication and computer systems.
- The ability to make critical assessment of video and audio signals using technical monitoring equipment.
- Fundamental knowledge of IT and TC IP networking infrastructure.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Able to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines with the resources available.
- A good knowledge of commercial processes and the ability to manage budgets.
- A highly effective communicator with a customer focused attitude.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to react tactfully and sympathetically to requests from all stakeholders, production clients, suppliers and freelancers.
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance.
We organise regular social events across different locations, giving an opportunity to get to know employees from all over the company.