About the Role
Timeline Television is looking to recruit an IT Support Engineer to join our team at Ealing Studios.
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will be expected to support the requirements and challenges of complex interrelated systems and networks in a 24/7 broadcast facility. In conjunction with your IT colleagues, you will be expected to help enforce security and management policies across our systems, with minimal impact on the specialist needs of each department.
- As part of the Timeline TV technology team, you will provide first, second & third-line support to a wide range of users and technical teams.
- You will ensure that technical faults are resolved quickly, or alternative solutions implemented, so that the broadcast output, studio operation and media delivery is not impacted.
- Engage with support providers to ensure that escalation support is in place for the key technology platforms used.
- Liaise with IT contractors providing remote and on-site technical support, and monitor external support teams’ requests for secure external system access.
- Work in conjunction with the Technical Director to design system workflows for new projects, and work with the engineering teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Undertake suitable research and offer recommendations regarding the purchase and ordering of equipment, support services, software and repairs.
- Prioritise your daily support workload and meet deadlines individually and as part of an integrated support team.
Ensure that all work performed is registered in the engineering ticketing system as well as ensuring this system is maintained, updated and operational at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Good working knowledge of Windows Administration (MCSE or MCTS certified) in Windows 7 Pro / Windows 10 / Office 365, and Windows Server 2008/2012.
- A good working knowledge of Active Directory / File Sharing / Exchange / Network printing.
- Experience in TCP/IP networking (including WAN management) security and firewalls configurations (Fortigate / Juniper SRX preferable) and managing VPN’s.
- Previous experience with Linux (RedHat/CentOS) would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with virtualized environments, storage & iSCSI technologies.
- Knowledge of Administration of corporate Antivirus environment.
- A positive, enthusiastic manner with the ability to react tactfully and sympathetically to requests from production staff and clients.
- Excellent trouble shooting, fault finding and technical issue diagnostic skills.
- Able to monitor/report on the progress of tasks in a constructive and appropriate manner, and to remain calm under pressure.
- Experience of writing clear documentation for projects, repairs and upgrades.
- Effective communication and good problem-solving skills.
- Able to evaluate and assist in the procurement of all IT related products and services through appropriate vendors.
- An understanding of best practice in storage and the transfer of files.
- Some previous experience of file-based broadcast systems and knowledge of file-based video format technologies will be highly regarded.
- Technologies, IT systems and equipment in use:
- Juniper Firewalls and Switches
- HP & Dell hardware
- SAN Architectures (e.g. Harmonic MediaGrid, Stornext)
- Linux Servers
- Fortinet Firewalls
- VM Ware Environment
- Maintenance of Mac OSX Workstations
- SQL Databases
- Accelerated file transfer protocol services (e.g. Aspera)
Flexibility is required as there may be occasions when out of hours and weekend work is required.
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance.
We also organise regular social events across different locations, giving an opportunity to get to know employees all over.
The closing date for applications is 06/12/2018