About the Role
Reporting to the Broadcast IT Manager, you will be expected to support the requirements and challenges of complex interrelated systems and networks in a 24/7 broadcast facility. In conjunction with your IT colleagues, you will be expected to help enforce IT security and management policies across our systems, with minimal impact on the specialist needs of each department.
- As part of the Timeline TV technology team, you will provide first and second-line support to a wide range of users and technical teams working within the BT Sport broadcast facility.
- You will ensure that technical faults are resolved quickly, or alternative solutions implemented, so that the broadcast output, studio operation and media delivery is not impacted.
- Engage with support providers to ensure that escalation support is in place for the key technology platforms used.
- Liaise with IT contractors providing remote and on-site technical support, and monitor external support teams’ requests for secure external system access.
- Provide support for new and existing projects, and work with the various engineering teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Work in conjunction with the Broadcast IT Manager to provide suitable research and recommendations regarding the purchase and ordering of equipment, support services, software and repairs.
- Prioritise your daily support workload and meet deadlines individually and as part of an integrated support team.
- Ensure that all work performed is registered in the engineering ticketing system and also that this system is maintained, updated and operational at all times.
Above is just a brief outline of duties, however this can change due to business requirements. You may be given additional projects and workloads from the management, and you will be expected to comply with all reasonable requests.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar customer facing IT support role.
- Training and qualifications in IT (University degree at BSc level preferred) or a significant level of relevant industry experience.
- Good working knowledge of Windows Administration (MCSA, MCSE or MCTS certified)
- Good working knowledge of Windows 7/10 Pro/ Windows 8 / MS Office suite (2007/2010)
- Knowledge of Windows 2008/2012 Servers
- Good knowledge and experience of virtualisation, using VMWare or HyperV
- A good working knowledge of Active Directory / File Sharing / Network printing
- Strong experience in TCP/IP networking, security and firewalls configurations (Fortigate / Juniper / Cisco)
- Knowledge of Administration of Security Centre Antivirus environment (preferably Kaspersky Lab)
- A positive, enthusiastic manner with the ability to react tactfully and sympathetically to requests from production staff and clients.
- Excellent trouble shooting and technical issue diagnostic skills
- Able to monitor/report on the progress of tasks in a constructive and appropriate manner, and to remain calm under pressure
- Experience of writing clear documentation for projects, repairs and upgrades.
- Effective communication and good problem-solving skills
- Able to evaluate and assist in the procurement of all IT related products and services through appropriate vendors
- An understanding of best practice in storage and the transfer of files
- Previous experience of file-based broadcast systems and workflows would be a distinct advantage, along with knowledge of file-based video formats technologies.
- Previous experience with Linux (RedHat/CentOS) would be an advantage
- Experience with the following IT systems and equipment will be highly regarded:
- Juniper Firewalls and Switches
- Cisco Nexus 7K
- SAN Architectures (e.g. Harmonic MediaGrid, Avid ISIS)
- Linux Servers
- Fortinet Firewalls
- Maintenance of Mac OSX Workstations
- SQL Databases
- Accelerated file transfer protocol services (e.g. Aspera)
Some flexibility is expected as this is an 8/14 shift-based role and you will be required to work every second weekend.
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance.
We also organise regular social events across different locations, giving an opportunity to get to know employees all over.
The closing date for applications is 20/04/2019