About the Role
An exciting opportunity to manage the delivery of live TV operations in Timeline’s Ealing broadcast facilities. As Technical Manager, you will be a key point of contact for the client, the crews and contractors. You will plan and oversee the delivery of production solutions and coordinate the use of a wide range of technical resources.
- Responsible for the coordination and technical delivery of all gallery productions in the Ealing PCRs.
- Responsible for planning and delivery of complex live gallery programmes.
- Support the development of our remote production solutions.
- Have oversight of the broadcast systems in the Racing UK facility.
- Line manager/team leader for the Ealing Duty engineers.
- Oversee the rig and operation of cameras, vision systems (AR), projection, lighting, sound, comms, and a range of other technical equipment as required.
- Provide ‘on the day’ supervision of craft specialists and oversee the safe delivery of ‘live’ and recorded productions in the galleries.
- Able to deliver to the highest standards but also to promote the most cost-effective technical solutions to clients.
- Ensure that technical faults are dealt with appropriately, prioritized and resolved, either internally or externally.
- Manage external technical specialists to resolve particular issues.
- Oversee sub-contractors ensuring their work is done correctly.
- Plan, oversee and execute modifications, changes and updates to the installation as programme requirements and technology change.
- Use your skills and knowledge to improve our service to clients by technical innovation.
- Work collaboratively with the Bookings team and other Timeline colleagues as part of the management team to ensure the smooth running of the operations.
- Liaise with production clients and act as a key point of contact for Producers, Directors and Production Managers.
- Support the continued development of internal systems and processes, including the booking and charging of resources through Xytech Media Pulse.
- Ensure that staff and clients are aware of, and comply with, H&S policies.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships across the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A proven track record of successful technical delivery, with at least three years’ relevant experience in a studio or outside broadcast role.
- Thorough knowledge of broadcast systems, equipment and technology including cameras, sound, vision, lighting, graphics, post production, satellite, file-based media workflows, MCR and transmission.
- Experience of managing a team would be an advantage.
- Proven client-focused approach – able to react tactfully and sympathetically to requests from production staff and clients, and to remain calm under pressure.
- A practical, hands-on approach to broadcast engineering.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, able to prioritize a workload and to meet deadlines both individually, and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Health and safety legislation, policy and standards including Risk Assessments, Electricity at Work, Manual Handling of Work Equipment.
- Able to manage conflict and to supervise a diverse team of contractors and third party providers in a television production environment.
- Excellent organisational skills, able to complete tasks quickly and efficiently.
- A technical project manager with strong problem-solving skills.
Please note that this is a shift-based role and will involve some weekend work. The proposed schedule will be based on a four day week, but days and hours will need to be flexible according to programme needs.
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance.
We also organise regular social events across different locations, giving an opportunity to get to know employees all over.
The closing date for applications is 25/01/2019