About the Role
We are looking for a Broadcast Support Engineer to support Timeline client’s activities in our Ealing Broadcast Centre. The Engineer will work closely with project managers and client’s production teams to resolve issues and meet operational needs in our 24/7 facility. The role involves maintenance, modification and operation of a wide range of broadcast equipment and systems. This is a 7/14 shift-based role which includes weekend work.
- Maintain and operate equipment in Studios, MCR, CAR, edit suites and associated technical areas.
- Ensure that technical faults are cleared and identify and implement alternative technical solutions.
- Line-up of vision monitoring facilities; configure and monitor incoming and outgoing lines; first line maintenance of EVS XT and IP director systems; troubleshoot and re-configure IT and TCP/IP based network systems.
- Use of hand tools to repair cables and electronic equipment and involvement in minor refurbishing projects.
- Comply with the safety regulations, ensure the electronic equipment is aligned to the defined standards and keep appropriate records.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Broadcast engineering training and qualifications.
- Knowledge and experience of vision, sound, routing, server, editing, communication and computer systems for television studio environments.
- Ability to make critical assessment of television pictures and waveforms.
- Good customer service and communication skills.
- A positive manner and ability to respond tactfully and sympathetically to staff and client requests.
- A team player and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Flexible approach to problem solving and openness to new challenges and alternative solutions.
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance.
We also organise regular social events across different locations, giving an opportunity to get to know employees all over.