About the Role
We are looking for Broadcast Engineer(s) to join Timeline’s broadcast engineering team supporting the technical facilities of the BT Sport facility in Stratford, East London. The facility includes four HD broadcast studios, 1 UHD and 9 HD galleries, a large post-production village, multi-channel MCR and playout operation.
- Work closely with BT Sport, production teams, 3rd party clients and internal resource departments to ensure that operational, production and resource needs are effectively and efficiently met.
- Be aware of all SLA’s to ensure effective delivery and avoidance of SLA failures.
- Devise ways of achieving the needs of productions (internal and external) by means of technical innovation and development.
- Ensure that technical faults are resolved, or alternative ways of meeting production or other requirements are identified and implemented with the minimum loss of time.
- Ensure faults are entered, tracked and resolved through the Web Help Desk (WHD) ticketing system.
- Ensure the asset database in WHD is kept up to date and reviewed.
- Ensure that electronic equipment in the area is safe, maintained and aligned to defined standards and is modified and updated as required.
- Ensure sufficient ‘spares’ are available on site to meet SLA and support requirements.
- Liaise with vendors and support partners to ensure projects and operational needs are met.
- Undertake work as necessary to ensure that Statutory Safety Regulations are complied with, and that appropriate records are kept in all areas of responsibility.
- Ensure that technical documentation is updated and shared as needed
- Proactive in reviewing and improving workflows, processes and communication within your team
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Able to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines with the resources available.
- Represent Timeline management at meetings with clients, staff and suppliers where required.
- A good knowledge of commercial processes and the ability to manage budgets preferably by using Xytech Media Pulse.
- Comprehensive knowledge of health and safety legislation and ‘best practice’ as it applies to studio and outside broadcast environment.
- A highly effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills and a customer focused attitude.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to react tactfully and sympathetically to requests from all stakeholders, production clients, suppliers and freelancers.
- Fundamental knowledge of IT and TC IP networking infrastructure.
- Knowledge of studio augmented reality (AR) systems.
- Significant experience of vision, sound, routing, communication and computer systems.
- A good understanding of BNCS control systems.
- Able to support Timeline’s HD, UHD and HDR Outside Broadcasts trucks as required.
- Ensuring documents, processes and procedures are kept up to date for use by a variety of end users.
- The ability to make critical assessment of video and audio signals using technical monitoring equipment.
- An expectation that you will maintain and update your professional knowledge and awareness of new technologies
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of Health and Safety, particularly within broadcast environments.
This is an 8/14 shift-based role (4 x 10.5 hour shifts per week on average) which will require weekend work and some night shifts.
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance.
We organise regular social events across different locations, giving an opportunity to get to know employees from all over the company.