About the Role
We are looking for a Broadcast Engineer to join Timeline’s broadcast engineering team supporting the technical facilities of the BT Sport facility which includes four HD broadcast studios, 1 UHD and 9 HD galleries, a large post production village, multi-channel MCR and playout operation.
- Maintain and operate equipment in Studios, MCR and associated technical areas.
- Work closely with production teams and other technical departments to ensure that the operational needs of BT Sport, production partners and 3rd party shows are met effectively.
- Work on technical installation projects for BT Sport, 3rd parties and production partners.
- Achieve the technical requirements of programme makers by means of innovation, development and work with R&D teams from vendors and clients.
- Ensure that technical faults are resolved quickly, or alternative solutions implemented, so that the broadcast output and studio operation is not impacted.
- Ensure that all electronic equipment is maintained and aligned to defined standards and is modified and updated as required.
- Prioritize the daily support workload and meet deadlines individually and as part of a first-line support team.
- Rig, operate and monitor equipment including cameras, lighting and vision systems, projection equipment, studio graphics and other systems as required.
- Configure and route sound and vision feeds around the BT Sport facility using BNCS.
- Operate and interrogate a broad range of systems and retrieve logs for analysis.
- At times you may be required to work at other Timeline sites or on location.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Broadcast engineering training and qualifications.
- Experience in a customer facing role with excellent service and communication skills.
- Good understanding of end-to-end production processes and the ‘live’ transmission chain in a broadcast environment.
- Excellent trouble shooting and diagnostics skills.
- Experience of vision, sound, routing and communication systems for TV studio environments.
- Ability to make critical assessment of television pictures and waveforms.
- Good knowledge of computer systems, IT and TCP/IP networking infrastructure.
- Good documentation writing skills.
- Previous experience with any of the following will be highly regarded: Sony Vision Mixers, Sony 2400 cameras, BNCS, GVG Vision Mixers, Axon/GVG/Evertz Glue, Evertz Muliviewers, NCAM AR tracking system.
- A team player and ability to remain calm under pressure.
This is a 7/14 shift-based role which includes weekend work and some night shifts
We offer an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including:
- Private health care
- Medical cash benefits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Travel insurance.
We organise regular social events across different locations, giving an opportunity to get to know employees from all over the company.